Monday, July 20, 2009

EXTREME CHRISTIAN DOCTOR STRUCK OFF ADOPTION PANEL

Well done Northamptonshire County Council for getting rid of Dr Sheila Matthews from your adoption panel!
Who is Dr Sheila Matthews? Well, she is so extreme in her Christian views that she is against adoption of children by gay people just on the grounds of their sexuality as she thinks this is not a healthy lifestyle. What about your lifestyle Dr Matthews? Associating with misogynist beliefs as found in Christianity is not good for women so why is it good for you? See here for more: http://www.seesharppress.com/20reasons.html
Denial is not a river in Egypt. as they say in other addiction services for example to drugs and alcohol but not with respect to religion.
I have friends who are gay and who have children they love and care for better than some heterosexual people I know that Dr Sheila Matthews would probably approve of in the first place.
Looking at her photo in Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1200721/Christian-doctor-axed-panel-failing-gay-adoption.html where is Dr Matthews' bra? Has she forgotten it? Does Christianity stress her so much she can no longer remember some of her organs and how to package them? L'Agent Provocateur, I'd recommend it, Dr Matthews. Please, look here, up to 75% off the usual price: http://www.agentprovocateur.com/sale.html?isource=MOB3&cmp=PS010203
Dr Sheila Matthews has a hair style more suited to a person forty years younger, in my opinion. Her eyeglasses style is what I have seen some women in their late seventies wear. This picture of being out of date on the outside is completed by the picture of what we glimpse to belong inside when it comes to her views on adoption by gay couples.
Does sexy underwear have an effect on a woman wearing it? Sure, it does. I would be very happy to prove it.
And what about ex-gay people do they have a problem with sexy underwear? Apparently, yes. Read here:
In Karl Marx opinion religion was the opium of people and great social changes required uprising from women:
"Anyone who knows anything of history knows that great social changes are impossible without feminine upheaval. Social progress can be measured exactly by the social position of the fair sex, the ugly ones included."
According to these criteria, Northamptonshire made a step in the right direction by making sure their adoption panel works in keeping with social justice.

7 comments:

Priya Lynn said...

I have that same hairstyle and I don't intend to ever change it. I'm 48, do you want to harangue me about it too?

Dr Helen Bright said...

One does not have to intend a hairstyle change for it to change. We all die, but some live more than others before it happens.

Priya Lynn said...

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean in relation to my comment. Sometimes in an attempt to sound deep people just sound confused. In any event, my point is that it seems a little petty to criticize someone's looks instead of just their actions. I'm surprised that what I assume is a psychiatric professional would do that - it should be beneath you.

Dr Helen Bright said...

What I mean is that even if we do our best to keep things the same eg personal appearance, it changes ultimately as we die.
Looks are very important as it reflects many areas of our functioning including mental, social, financial. It may be surprising but appearances are of interest to psychiatrists. Looks are not everything as we know. Some people care more about it some less as you know. And some would if they could eg people who have acquired brain damage may become dependant on others for their appearances because other people have to dress them. There are other examples not so extreme. Psychoanalytic literature is interesting on this point too and if you are interested you may look it up. Psychology books also have something to say about it.

Priya Lynn said...

"What I mean is that even if we do our best to keep things the same eg personal appearance, it changes ultimately as we die.".

Yes, well that goes without saying. Most of us are unconcerned with our looks after we die so I fail to see the relevance to my first comment. I also still don't get what your tautology "We all die, but some live more than others before it happens" has to do with my comment.

"Looks are very important as it reflects many areas of our functioning including mental, social, financial.".

Your purpose in bringing up her looks seems to have nothing to do with any of these things. Rather it appears to be simply a childish taunt and your explanation a rather poor excuse for doing so. Attacking someone's appearence takes credibility away from your complaints about their actions. You're not in grade school anymore.

Dr Helen Bright said...

Sometimes, when I am angry with others I wonder if what makes me angry is some aspect of myself I fail to recognize that needs to change. Getting parking fines is only too obvious example in my case. I always first think how unfair it is I got the parking ticket but ultimately in 98% of situations it is me who was unfair to others in the way I parked.

Priya Lynn said...

Yes, these people make me very angry as well.